The following examples apply to products that are electrical and electronic equipment according to(§ 3 number 1 ).
- LCD Photo frames
- Video/graphics displays (regardless of screen size)
- Equipment with screens greater than 100 cm²:
- Screens and monitors allocated to category medical devices in the past (e.g. medical imaging and therapy devices)
- Screens allocated to category monitoring and control instruments in the past (e.g. industrial notebooks, industrial tablets)
- Televisions, (Ultra) HD TVs, OLED TVs, LED TVs
- Equipment with a screen greater than 100cm²
- E readers
- LCD-/LED-/OLED picture frames
- VGA-/DVI-/HDMI-/TFT-/Touchscreen monitors/Displays
- Touch Panels (Smart Panels, displays, monitors etc.) exclusively for industrial or medical use
- Touch screen cash systems
- Large video display units
- GPS and Navigation devices
- Mobile phones
...are always – regardless of screen size – allocated to category 6.
Equipment containing screens having a surface greater than 100 cm² and the main purpose of which is not the display of images and information on a screen:
- Exhaust hoods
- Cash machines
- Industrial machines
- Medical equipment
...are allocated to categories 1, 4-6.
LED boards (advertisement boards with moving text), made up of individual light-emitting diodes, count as luminaires and are allocated to category 4 or 5.